Cleveland Clinic MyChart: Your Interactive Health Record: Terms and Conditions of Use
Security, Confidentiality and Usage Guidelines for Cleveland Clinic MyChart: Your Interactive Health Record
1. Cleveland Clinic MyChart: Your Interactive Health Record is designed as a secure Internet-based environment through which you may receive certain confidential medical information about yourself released at the discretion of your physician. Once you sign up for Cleveland Clinic MyChart, you will be given a one-time-only Cleveland Clinic MyChart access code that you will use to activate your account. You will then create your own Cleveland Clinic MyChart ID, password, and password hint. Please DO NOT SHARE your password with anyone. The individual Cleveland Clinic MyChart ID and password you choose when you first log-on to Cleveland Clinic MyChart are the keys to protecting the confidentiality of your information. You are responsible for remembering your Cleveland Clinic MyChart ID and password and for keeping them confidential. We strongly recommend that you write down your Cleveland Clinic MyChart ID and password hint and keep them in a safe place for future reference. For your convenience, at the time of your Cleveland Clinic MyChart registration, we may supply you with a special card for you to write down the Cleveland Clinic MyChart ID and password hint that you create.
2. The Cleveland Clinic MyChart program will be available to you by creating and activating your account by utilizing the personal activation code you have received from Cleveland Clinic and following the instructions for account creation. You can opt out of accessing Cleveland Clinic MyChart by not utilizing the activation code to create your Cleveland Clinic MyChart account. The personal activation code will not expire. If you choose to decline the offered Cleveland Clinic MyChart service, your personal activation code will remain available to you should you decide to activate your account at a later time. Alternatively, if you choose to use the Cleveland Clinic MyChart online service to create an account, you will be able to obtain an activation code through the online process.
3. Now that you have activated your Cleveland Clinic MyChart account, Cleveland Clinic MyChart will become the primary vehicle through which you will receive important messages from your physician and selected test results and other personal medical information. (You may continue to receive communications via the United States Postal Service or other means from Cleveland Clinic specialty physicians). Through Cleveland Clinic MyChart you may request new appointments and prescription renewals 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You MUST provide us with your email address when activating your Cleveland Clinic MyChart account and keep your email address current via the Personal Preferences link in MyChart. No confidential information will be sent to your email, but you will receive email notification whenever a new result has been released to your Cleveland Clinic MyChart account. Furthermore, you may receive from time to time important email notices and messages from the MyChart team. You therefore MUST verify and update your email address via the Personal Preferences link to ensure that you receive notification of newly released information in a timely manner.
Please Note: Please be sure to check your email on a regular basis and update your email contact information in your Cleveland Clinic MyChart account if you change your email address.
4. Your physician will be notified when you request an Cleveland Clinic MyChart account. You will then receive your personal health information as released by your physician in your personal Cleveland Clinic MyChart account.
5. Never send any messages requiring urgent attention using Cleveland Clinic MyChart. Delays can occur based upon volume and availability of staff, the complexity of your condition, or technology occurrences outside of the Cleveland Clinic's control. Therefore, for all urgent medical matters, contact your physician's office, go to an emergency room, or call 911.
6. For non emergency situations, support, or other questions related to Cleveland Clinic MyChart, our regular business hours are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) from 8 AM to 5 PM.
FOR ALL MEDICAL EMERGENCIES, IMMEDIATELY DIAL 911.
By accessing or using Cleveland Clinic MyChart: Your Interactive Health Record you agree to be bound by all the terms and conditions of this Agreement and our Privacy Statement as posted. It is important to review the agreement and privacy statement periodically as we may modify this agreement and the Privacy Statement at any time, and you agree that such modifications are effective and binding upon you immediately upon posting of the modified version. The Privacy Statement can be accessed at www.clevelandclinic.org.
You agree that Cleveland Clinic MyChart: Your Interactive Health Record is a communication service offered as a convenience to Cleveland Clinic patients. You understand that it provides you with online access to portions of your Cleveland Clinic electronic medical record and that you are solely responsible for any sharing of Cleveland Clinic MyChart: Your Interactive Health Record content that you intentionally or unintentionally communicate to others. You understand that messages will be routed to the appropriate department as necessary for handling, and therefore Cleveland Clinic employees, other than your healthcare provider may be involved in addressing your request. Therefore use of Cleveland Clinic MyChart: Your Interactive Health Record may not be appropriate if there is sensitive information that you would only wish to discuss directly with your provider.
You understand that you may receive messages, test results, and other communications delivered via Cleveland Clinic MyChart: Your Interactive Health Record. Therefore, we will not send and you may not receive duplicate written reports of this information from The Cleveland Clinic.
You understand that not all of your Cleveland Clinic medical record may appear on your Cleveland Clinic MyChart: Your Interactive Health Record. Posting of your medical information is at the discretion of your individual physician(s).
The Cleveland Clinic reserves the right in the future to charge a fee for the use of Cleveland Clinic MyChart: Your Interactive Health Record. You will be notified of this change and asked to re-apply if you agree to the fee and wish to continue with this service.
Discontinuing Use of Cleveland Clinic MyChart: Your Interactive Health Record
You can discontinue your use of Cleveland Clinic MyChart: Your Interactive Health Record at anytime by contacting Cleveland Clinic MyChart Technical Support.
You agree that you will not post any offensive material on this site. If we determine that you have violated this agreement and/or abused the use of this service, we reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to discontinue your use of this service. You will be notified if your Cleveland Clinic MyChart: Your Interactive Health Record service is discontinued.
The Cleveland Clinic has in place detailed policies and procedures regarding access to all medical records by our staff and employees and has carefully outlined the circumstances under which your medical information may be released to parties outside the organization. These policies conform to state and federal law and are designed to safeguard your privacy.
Your Medical Record
As we provide your health care, we are required to maintain documentation of your medical history, current conditions, treatment plan, and all treatments given, including but not limited to the results of all tests, procedures and therapies. Messages you send via Cleveland Clinic MyChart: Your Interactive Health Record will be made part of your permanent medical record. It will be accessible to current and future Cleveland Clinic staff members who are appropriately involved with your care.
All Cleveland Clinic generated electronic medical record content is subject to all state and federal statutes governing the security and confidentiality of medical records.
FOR ALL MEDICAL EMERGENCIES, IMMEDIATELY DIAL 911.
If your physician is out of the office or unavailable to respond, messages sent via Cleveland Clinic MyChart: Your Interactive Health Record may be routed to other authorized caregivers within The Cleveland Clinic in order to facilitate a timely response to your request.
All communications between you and your Cleveland Clinic health care team using Cleveland Clinic MyChart: Your Interactive Health Record are carried over a secure, encrypted connection directly into the Cleveland Clinic electronic medical record.
It is extremely important that you keep your Cleveland Clinic MyChart user ID and password in a secure location and completely confidential It is your responsibility to prevent disclosure of your temporary access code and password and to change your password and password hint if you feel that your security has been compromised and the Cleveland Clinic shall not be liable for any damages that results from your failure to keep your password secure. You can change your password and password hint online at any time.
Copyright and Trademarks
All content included on Cleveland Clinic Web sites, including, but not limited to, text, photographs, graphics, button icons, images, artwork, names, logos, trademarks, service marks and data (the "Content"), in any form including the compilation thereof, are protected by U.S. and international copyright law and conventions. The Content includes both Content owned or controlled by The Cleveland Clinic Foundation ("CCF") and Content owned or controlled by third parties and licensed to CCF. Except as set forth below, direct or indirect reproduction of the Content, in whole or in part, by any means, is prohibited without the express written consent of CCF.
Site Access and Licenses
CCF grants a limited license to each user to make personal use only of the Web site and the associated services in accordance with these terms and conditions of use. This license expressly excludes, without limitation, any reproduction, duplication, sale, resale or other commercial use of the Web site and the associated services, making any derivative of the Web site or the associated services, the collection and use of user email addresses or other user information, including, without limitation, health information or any data extraction or data mining whatsoever. Through this License, you may be able to upload third party data into MyChart or download limited medical information from MyChart to select third party sites.
This Web site uses encryption software. While we use state-of-the-art security, no system can perfectly guard against risks of intentional intrusion or inadvertent disclosure of information. When using Cleveland Clinic MyChart: Your Interactive Health Record, information will be transmitted over a medium that is beyond the control of The Cleveland Clinic and its contractors. YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY ASSUME THE SOLE RISK OF ANY UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OR INTENTIONAL INTRUSION, OR OF ANY DELAY, FAILURE, INTERRUPTION, OR CORRUPTION OF DATA OR OTHER INFORMATION TRANSMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS SERVICE. Once the information is received by us, your medical information will be treated as confidential and given the same protection that all other Cleveland Clinic medical records are given.
Links to Third Party Sites
This Web site contains links to Web sites operated by other parties. The links are provided for your convenience only. We do not control such Web sites and we are not responsible for the content and performance of these sites. The inclusion of links to other Web sites does not imply any endorsement of the material on the Web sites or any association with their operators. The Cleveland Clinic Foundation does not operate, control, or endorse any information, products, or services provided by third parties through the Internet. Use of other sites is strictly at your own risk including, but not limited to, any risks associated with destructive viruses. You are responsible for viewing and abiding by the terms and conditions of use and the privacy statements of the other Web sites.
This site and all other sites hosted by CCF and the content contained herein and therein are provided by CCF on an "As Is" basis. CCF makes no representations or warranties of any kind express or implied as to the operation of its sites, or the content, products and/or services included therein. To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, CCF disclaims all warranties, express, or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and/or infringement.
Limitation of Liability
Some of the material on the CCF site is provided by third parties and CCF shall not be held responsible for any such third-party material. CCF disclaims any responsibility for or liability related to such third-party material. Any questions complaints or claims related to any product should be directed to the appropriate third party.
By using CCFs Web site, you agree that the laws of the state of Ohio for the Ohio patients and agree that the laws of the state of Florida for Florida patients, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Terms and Conditions of Use and any dispute that might arise between you and CCF, its doctors, nurses, staff or other affiliates. You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, its affiliates, employees, subsidiaries, contractors, officers and directors, resides in the courts of Cuyahoga County, Ohio for Ohio patients and the courts of Florida for the Florida patients and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of Cuyahoga County, Ohio for Ohio patients and the courts of Florida for Florida patients in connection with any claim involving The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, its affiliates, employees, subsidiaries, contractors, officers and directors. Use of CCFs Web site is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to the terms and conditions set forth herein.
MyChart is a registered trademark of EPIC SYSTEMS CORPORATION.